Our current key activities (enterprises) are:
New Zealand Farm Environment Trust Strategic Plan
To promote sustainable farming practices to protect and enhance environment
What we want to Achieve
Recognised Leader in Sustainability Awards
Business Growth across all Enterprises
Partner of Choice
2012 - 2013 Actions
- Regularly communicate Trust Strategy and Policy with our Strategic Partners, Regional Council Partners, Sponsors and BFEA Regional team
- Encourage the use of the webpage as a trusted source of sustainable farming information.
- Provide leadership to the BFEA Regional networks to maintain consistent and credible national standards.
- Continue to enhance the National Showcase and National Award
- Provide regular, direct updates to Ballance Agri-Nutrients.
- Ensure all NZFE Trust Joint Venture programmes deliver to expectations.
- Establish a further region for BFEA Programme by 2013.
- Establish opportunities for Alumni development.
- Establish relationships with other relevant farming awards.
- Achieve ongoing financial stability by meeting financial KPI's.
Key Performance Indicators
- Government recognition – Financial support
- Farmer recognition – Annual Survey
- Agribusiness recognition – Media /financial support
- Secure mutually agreed Regional Council partnerships
- Retain current sponsors of BFEA
- Regional Awards Growth
- Positive enterprise growth - participation/financially
- One new partnership project annually
- Alumni / network established
- Highly public primary sector support
- Ongoing partnerships and financial support
- Demonstrating leadership in promoting on-farm environmental management improvements
- Achieve and maintain annual positive budget
- Secure three year rolling funding across enterprises
- Well funded regional committees
- Established working relationships