Quick Find Information
2016 National Winners are Richard and Dianne Kidd of Helenville. Read more
Read the report from 2014 National WInners, Mark and Devon Slee about thier experiences in the UK, Netherlands and Ireland
Portobello sheep and beef farmers Brendon and Paula Cross have been named Supreme winners of the 2016 Otago Ballance Farm Environment Awards. Read more
New Zealand farmers are amongst the World’s most efficient producers of safe, quality food and are renowned for their long term sustainability focus. This is seen in the excellent stewardship of New Zealand farmland.
The NZFE Trust sets out to take a leadership role in showcasing this stewardship. We set out to publicise and promote widely these profitable sustainable farming practices.
- The Trust also provides for the ongoing development of environmental leadership through a range of partnership programs.
- We are an Independent Charitable Trust, have clear goals and achievable strategic plans and policies and manage the business in a professional way.
- We do not endorse our sponsors or partners products but choose partners and sponsors that understand and support our sustainability ethos.
- We value enduring relationships and have partnerships with nine regional councils (plus the Gisborne District Council) who share our vision.
- While we achieve our goals through the 4 key areas listed above, our Ballance Farm Environment Awards programme is currently our flagship activity.